Milly and Pamela have been snatched by Orion, and Rylee will do anything possible to get them back. Even if it means trusting her out-of-the-blue Uncle Erik who mysteriously wanders back into her life riding her dead father’s dragon, Ophelia.
Along the way, she has to determine how many of her allies will stand with her against the demon, and if that will be enough. Alex grows into his own, Rylee faces down Will, and Frank learns more about being a necromancer.
I liked this one because it brought together all the threads of Rylee’s past into one vein. She’s learning more about the Blood of the Lost and what it means to be the one who can stop Orion. And all the past salvages and friends she’s encountered come together in one movement, either pro or against the demon.
If you like the sound of these books, and I think you will, you can check out the rest of the series here or via author Shannon Mayer’s website. She’s got a couple other series and some stand alones that are pretty great too.
- Priceless (My Review | Amazon)
- Immune (My Review | Amazon)
- Raising Innocents (My Review | Amazon)
- Shadowed Threads (My Review | Amazon)
- Blind Salvage (My Review | Amazon)
- Tracker (My Review | Amazon)
- Guardian, a novella (My Review | Amazon)
- Veiled Threat (My Review | Amazon)
- Wounded (My Review | Amazon)
- Alex, a prequel (My Review | Amazon)