Friends vs. Family by CL Stone is book three of the Ghost Birds series. In this installment, Sang and the boys have new challenges to face. They’re still at Ashley Waters and dealing with all that mess, but this book brings in a personal aspect to the fight for Sang’s heart.
PS: spoilers if you haven’t read earlier books. Scroll down and check out the reviews for those first, as I don’t want to give anything away!
Friends vs. Family really knits the group together as they deal with Sang’s family. Her step-mother’s abuse has finally gone off the deep end and Sang, reluctantly but desperately, calls the boys for help. Mr. Blackbourne and the boys must prove to Sang the first rule of the Academy: Family First. Since she’s become a part of their family, they’ll do anything to keep her safe in her own home. But she’s got to realize the truth behind Mr. Blackbourne’s sage advice: family is a choice. They’ve chosen her, now she’ll have to chose them.
You can get this book on Amazon for eReaders. Or you can check out the author’s website here. If you liked it, check out my reviews for the rest of the series.
- Introductions, Book 1 (My Review | Amazon)
- First Days, Book 2 (My Review | Amazon)
- Friends vs. Family, Book 3 (My Review | Amazon)
- Forgiveness and Permission, Book 4 (My Review | Amazon)
- Get the first four all together in the Ghost Bird: The Academy Omnibus Part 1: Books One – Four
- Drop of Doubt, Book 5 (My Review | Amazon)
- Push & Shove, Book 6 (My Review | Amazon)
- House of Korba, Book 7 (My Review | Amazon)
- Touch of Mischief, novella (My Review | Amazon)
- Other Side of Envy, book 8 (April 2015)