First Days by CL Stone is Ghost Birds series book two, and even better than the first one! Set only days after Introductions (read my review), Sang and the boys are starting school and finding it to be a lot harder than they thought. Sang’s become the target of some of the schoolboys’ teasing. Her Academy boys step in, saving her from her tormenters. She’s also dealing with her messy home life, and how exactly to explain it to the boys that have become her new family.
Sang, the character, grows so much in this book. I think one of my favorite aspects of this book is how dynamic she is as she comes into her own and grows into her Academy family. She’s not the quiet, shy little girl she thinks she is; and when it comes to helping the boys, she’s unstoppable. Each of the boys is so different as well, and author CL Stone does such a good job in bringing their unique personalities to life.
PS: spoilers if you haven’t read earlier books. Scroll down and check out the reviews for those first, as I don’t want to give anything away!
This book reveals a little more why the boys are at Ashley Waters High, since the principal, Mr. Hendricks, becomes a problem. Sang also has to deal with repercussions of her first encounter with vice principal Mr. McCoy as well as Mall Greg. All these aspects come together for a challenging first week for the boys and Sang.
You can get this book on Amazon for eReaders. Or you can check out the author’s website here. If you liked it, check out my reviews for the rest of the series.
- Introductions, Book 1 (My Review | Amazon)
- First Days, Book 2 (My Review | Amazon)
- Friends vs. Family, Book 3 (My Review | Amazon)
- Forgiveness and Permission, Book 4 (My Review | Amazon)
- Get the first four all together in the Ghost Bird: The Academy Omnibus Part 1: Books One – Four
- Drop of Doubt, Book 5 (My Review | Amazon)
- Push & Shove, Book 6 (My Review | Amazon)
- House of Korba, Book 7 (My Review | Amazon)
- Touch of Mischief, novella (My Review | Amazon)
- Other Side of Envy, book 8 (April 2015)