Drop of Doubt by CL Stone is book five in the Ghost Bird series. Book five opens with the boys finding out about Sang’s birthday … in the middle of a bomb threat to the school. She’s more worried about the school, and they’re more worried about throwing her a sweet sixteen in three days. As the story progresses, we realize that Sang has a stalker while the bomb threat is meant for Mr. Blackbourne, and maybe Sang herself.
PS: spoilers if you haven’t read earlier books. Scroll down and check out the reviews for those first, as I don’t want to give anything away!
Her relationship with the boys has progressed to the point where they’re itching for dates, but they can’t ask her. For her birthday, she opens that particular can of worms and asks them to take her out to do what they like to do. Victor jumps right on this with a day at the spa, and her stalker ruins the day. As we get farther in, we realize more and more about the stalker. But the boys will do anything to keep Sang safe, if they can.
This installment ups the tension as far as adding a ‘bad guy’ to the mix, since they still haven’t figured out what the heck Mr. Hendricks is up to. It also ups the romance, since now the boys can start to take her out. And, of course, at the end of the last novel we get the startling revelation that the boys have to all agree to ‘love her or lose her.’
You can get this book on Amazon for eReaders. Or you can check out the author’s website here. If you liked it, check out my reviews for the rest of the series.
- Introductions, Book 1 (My Review | Amazon)
- First Days, Book 2 (My Review | Amazon)
- Friends vs. Family, Book 3 (My Review | Amazon)
- Forgiveness and Permission, Book 4 (My Review | Amazon)
- Get the first four all together in the Ghost Bird: The Academy Omnibus Part 1: Books One – Four
- Drop of Doubt, Book 5 (My Review | Amazon)
- Push & Shove, Book 6 (My Review | Amazon)
- House of Korba, Book 7 (My Review | Amazon)
- Touch of Mischief, novella (My Review | Amazon)
- Other Side of Envy, book 8 (April 2015)